Spencer R. Higgins, Architect Incorporated

Eglinton Hunt Club, Toronto  
Facade Retention  

The Eglinton Hunt Club was built in 1929, and was purchased by the Government of Canada in 1939. The property is associated with famed Canadian scientist Sir Frederick Banting.

The building features elaborate massing with a two-and-a-half-storey entrance block flanked by two long, two-storey wings. It has steeply pitched gable roofs with dormers and red brick walls.

We developed a conservation strategy and assisted in the approval process with City of Toronto Preservation Services. A complete set of measured record drawings and record photographs of the original structure were prepared using our in-house photogrammetry system.

The project entailed converting the historic structure to 24 residential units while salvaging the building exterior and the original interior fabric where possible. We assisted with the integration of the new condominiums into the Hunt Club fabric.


Eglinton Hunt Club, Toronto
Drawing generated through photogrammetry - 1997