|Spencer R. Higgins, Architect Incorporated|
|Church of the Holy Trinity|
|Restoration and Rehabilitation|
This important solid brick masonry Gothic Revival church, located adjacent to the Eaton Centre in downtown Toronto, was built in 1847 to the designs of Henry B. Lane. The church contains important late 19th century painted wall decorations.
Our firm was retained by the Anglican Diocese of Toronto to restore the exterior stone and brickwork as well as the interior decorative paintings. Other work included the installation of new slate roofing, new stone entrance stairs, a wheelchair access ramp; underpinning the vestry; the installation of new kitchen and washroom facilities, and new mechanical and electrical facilities throughout the building.
We were subsequently retained to oversee the construction of an underground truck tunnel adjacent to the church, and provided seismic and movement monitoring services.
The total construction value of the project was $2.5 million. Phase One was completed in 1984 and Phase Two in 1991.
of the Holy Trinity, Toronto
View of the altar - 1984 (Photo:SHA)