|Spencer R. Higgins, Architect Incorporated|
|Doric Masonic Hall, Pickering|
|Historic Structure Report|
The Doric Masonic Hall, the former meeting House of the Society of Friends, or Quakers, was built in 1868. An example of the Greek Revival style, the 1½ storey orange brick building has high ceilings, and was originally constructed with gable ends. It was later rebuilt with hipped roofs after a fire in 1908. In 1942 the Masonic Lodge purchased the building.
Spencer R. Higgins, Architect Incorporated prepared a condition survey of the heavily deteriorated random rubble stone foundation, the solid brick loadbearing brick exterior, and the wood substructure and architectural wood elements. We prepared a detailed report with recommendations for treatment and repair.
The report was completed
Masonic Hall, Pickering
Exterior View - 2001